Virtual Patient Cases Overview
The Institute for Innovative Technology In Medical Education (iInTIME), through MedU, meets its mission by collaborating with medical educators to develop and distribute virtual patient cases as well as other premier online medical educational programs consistent with iInTIME’s educational philosophy. These medical education programs harness the power of collaborative medical knowledge and are designed to supplement traditional clerkship teaching and patient care activities with the third-year medical student in mind.
iInTIME virtual patient cases are based on the proven iInTIME Learning System, incorporating:
- Collaboration - the success of MedU is built on the commitments of iInTIME and its collaborators
- Curriculum - cases are built on nationally accepted curriculum designed to comprehensively cover that curriculum
- Development - multi-institutional development by educators and comprehensive coverage of a nationally accepted curriculum
- Pedagogy - a consistent interactive and dynamic approach across all cases that promotes clinical reasoning and in-depth exploration of content
- Integration - a password-protected Instructor’s Area which includes resources the clerkship director needs to integrate MedU cases in the clerkship
- Maintenance - nationally representative Editorial Boards made up of seasoned educators and practitioners
- Infrastructure and Support - iInTIME's support provides trust in the availability of the cases as well as accessibility and reliability of their delivery
- Academics - the iInTIME Learning System approach to virtual patient development and maintenance supports the academic needs of clerkship directors and medical students
MedU medical education programs are available by institutional or individual subscription.