This is generally the result of either a slow or busy Internet connection. It is usually caused by high traffic on your local network or at your service provider, multiple applications on your computer accessing the Internet, or other application on your computer using system resources. The following steps may help isolate the issue.
- If the video is playing, try pausing it for a minute or so to see if that allows it to load completely. Then resume the video playback to determine if the issue is resolved.
- Try quitting other running applications that may access the Internet. Applications that download email, audio, video or other content from the Internet may periodically require network resources, limiting the resources available to the WISE-MD video download.
Although all of WISE-MD's videos are compressed, the video files that appear in module sections are still very large. To allow for faster access to the video content, WISE-MD used progressive downloading so that you can begin watching a video segment before the entire video has been downloaded. Slow or poor quality connections, however, can periodically result in the receipt and storage of partial video files by your computer.
The following steps may help resolve the issue:
- Try to reload the module section using your browsers "reload page" function. In many browsers, pressing Shift + Reload forces the browser to ignore any locally cached content and reload the data from the server. Check your browser documentation for further information
- If that does not resolve the problem, then it is likely that the incomplete video file is still being cached. To discard the incomplete copy, try clearing your browser's file cache. In Firefox, you can clear your cache by accessing the "Clear private data" option in the "Tools" menu, selecting "Cache," and then clicking on the "Clear Private Data" button. Once you have cleared the cache, try reloading the page.
- If you are still having problems, send an email to the address listed below describing your problem. Include the module and section name in your message. We can "refresh" the data on our server to force your computer to download the video again.
When you complete a module section, your browser instructs the WISE-MD server to unlock the next section. Once unlocked, a section becomes permanently available to you should you want to review it. If the browser's "unlock" request is not received by the server, the next section will remain locked. The following steps may help resolve this issue.
- When a video is completed, the Next Section button at the bottom of the screen will become active. Press this button each time a section completes even if you wish to watch the next section at a later time. Pressing this button will confirm the unlock request and load the next section. Once the section is loaded, you can exit out of the Module screen or logout. The section will still be unlocked the next time you return to WISE-MD.
- After completing a video, do not leave your WISE-MD session idle for an extended period of time before clicking on the Next Section button. If the WISE-MD server has not received a request from your browser for some time, it assumes that you closed your browser without logging off and terminates your user session. If you click on a link in WISE-MD after your session has expired, the action will be blocked and you will be asked to login again.
- If the Next Section link in the navigation bar cannot be clicked after completing a section, go back to the Module List and try entering the module again. On rare occasions, a browser will fail to refresh the navigation link when a section is completed. Reentering the page will force a refresh.
- If the previous steps do not resolve the problem, send an email to the address listed below describing your problem. Include the module and section name in your message. If a review of our server logs indicates a technical issue and demonstrates that a section was completed, we will manually unlock the next section for you.