Registering to use MedU Virtual Patient Cases
FOR INDIVIDUAL SUBSCRIBERS (users who register and pay for the service on their own):
Individual subscribers should follow the individual subscription instructions to receive their individual Login and Password.
FOR INSTITUTIONAL SUBSCRIBERS (Users who access the system through their institution's account):
If instructors wish to access virtual patient cases only, they may self-register as students do using their institutional email. However, should instructors wish to access the password protected area of the MedU web site, an area of the web site specifically designed for teaching faculty, assistance from your Designated Support Personnel (DSP) is required. If you do not know who the DSP is for your institution, please email email@example.com.
Students are required to self-register for access to MedU. After registering, please expect to receive an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with a subject line of "iInTIME New Account". Select the embedded link in this email to complete the registration process.
- MedU offers a single sign-on interface allowing users to use one login and password for all cases to which your institution subscribes.
- If you are currently registered for MedU cases, please do not attempt to register a second time.
- In most cases, your login is your institutional email address and a self-selected password.
- If you registered prior to December 2008, you do not need to re-register. Simply use your existing login. (An existing login may be your last name followed by a hyphen and the first two letters of your first name, ex: smith-jo).
- During your registration, if you do not receive the “iInTIME New Account” email, please check your spam filter.
- Click the Register link at the top right of any MedU page.
- Click on Institutional Subscribers.
- The iInTIME Virtual Patient cases - Registration page opens. Provide your personal information in the prompts. Important: Use your institutional email address.
- Review and accept the Site User Terms and Conditions.
- Type the security password appearing in the lower window. Click on Send.
- Expect to receive an email from "email@example.com" with a link to confirm your registration. By clicking this link, you will finalize the registration process.
Note: If you are not able to register using your institutional email address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.