Welcome to MedU!
- From the MedU home page (www.med-u.org), select the red "Sign In" button at the top.
- Select the gray "Register" button.
- You will be prompted to select "student" or "instructor." Select the appropriate option. NOTE: If you are selecting instructor access, an email will be sent to the MedU Course Administrator (MCA) at your institution to approve your instructor status.
- Enter the information requested (you must use your institutional email address).
- That's it! You will shortly receive a confirmation email containing further instructions.
- After completing the registration process, you may then access MedU cases at any time.
Don't hesitate to call (603 727 7002) or contact us via our support page if you need any help.
When you complete a module section, your browser instructs the WISE-MD server to unlock the next section. Once unlocked, a section becomes permanently available to you should you want to review it. If the browser's "unlock" request is not received by the server, the next section will remain locked. The following steps may help resolve this issue.
- Confirm the unlock request to load the next section. Once the secion is loaded, you can begin watching it or exit the module and log out. The section will be unlocked and available the next time you log in to WISE-MD.
- After completing a video, do not leave your WISE-MD session idle for an extended period of time before clicking on the "Next Section" button. If the WISE-MD server has not received a request from your browser for some time, it assumes that you closed your browser without logging off and terminates your user session. If you click on a link in WISE-MD after your session has expired, the action will be blocked and you will be asked to login again.
- If the Next Section link in the navigation bar cannot be clicked after completing a section, go back to the Module List and try entering the module again. On rare occasions, a browser will fail to refresh the navigation link when a section is completed. Reentering the page will force a refresh.
- If the previous steps do not resolve the problem, please fill out the Ask MedU Support form describing your problem. Include the module and section name in your message. If a review of our server logs indicates a technical issue and demonstrates that a section was completed, we will manually unlock the next section for you.
Although all of WISE-MD's videos are compressed, the video files that appear in module sections are still very large. To enable faster access to the video content, WISE-MD uses progressive downloading--you can begin watching a video segment before the entire video has been downloaded. Slow or poor quality connections, however, can periodically result in the receipt and storage of partial video files by your computer.
The following steps may help resolve the issue:
- Try to reload the module section using your browsers "reload page" function. In many browsers, pressing Shift + Reload forces the browser to ignore any locally cached content and reload the data from the server. Check your browser documentation for further information
- If that does not resolve the problem, it is likely that the incomplete video file is still being cached. To discard the incomplete copy, try clearing your browser's file cache. In Firefox, you can clear your cache by accessing the "Clear private data" option in the "Tools" menu, selecting "Cache," and then clicking on the "Clear Private Data" button. Once you have cleared the cache, try reloading the page.
- If you are still having problems, fill out the Ask MedU Support Form. Include the module and section name in your message. We can "refresh" the data on our server to force your computer to download the video again.
Slow downloads are often related to high traffic on your local network or Internet service provider, multiple local applications accessing the Internet, or another application on your computer using system resources. The following steps may help isolate the issue:
- Pause a playing video for a minute or so to see if that allows it to load completely. Then resume the video playback to determine if the issue is resolved.
- Close other running applications that may access the Internet. Applications that download email, audio, video or other content from the Internet may periodically require network resources, limiting the resources available to the WISE-MD video download.
You are getting flagged because you were not actively engaged in the case. In the past, engagement has been based soley on the amount of time spent in the case. We realize that this is not an accurate measurement of your engagement in the case. The engagement meter (displayed in the upper right corner of your window as a traffic light) was created to show your active engagement in the case. Your engagement is based on several factors and the engagement meter updates regularly throughout the case. If you'd like to do the case again, speak to your instructor and have them reset the case.
Please contact MedU support.
To change your password:
- On any MedU page, sign in with your current Login and Password.
- Click your case selection.
- Once redirected to the cases, select the Profile tab at the top right of the page.
- On the Profile page, enter your desired password (you cannot change the login name). Enter it a second time.
- Click "Save."
If you forget your password, MedU will issue you a temporary password that will let you log in.
- On the MedU Home Page, click "Sign in" in the top right corner. This will take you to the MedU Login page.
- Click the "Forgot password?" link just below the "login" button and enter your login e-mail address then click "Send". You will receive an immediate e-mail sent to the email address you registered with providing you a temporary password. Use this password to log in.